The term ‘design build’ is slowly becoming more familiar in the world of home remodeling. Previously, if someone wanted to remodel their home, they would contact a general contractor and architect. While contractors alone can do a lot of great work, they simply do not offer the many benefits that you would receive from working with a design-build firm, such as Medford Remodeling.
Here are 5 reasons why a design build firm is a better choice for your major remodeling project:
- Design build firms handle every aspect of your project: from creating the designs to getting the necessary building permits, to ordering the correct appliances and completing a quality job in a timely manner – everything is taken care of by a professional and experienced team. While a general contractor might manage some of these steps, a big part of it may be left to the homeowner. Considering everything that goes into a remodel, this can be very stressful and overwhelming!
- A design build firm provides homeowners with a single point of contact for both the design and construction phases of a project. Having one person to reach out to with questions, concerns, scheduling, purchase orders, payments, etc., can really lessen the chance of miscommunication and lower the risk of error. Having someone manage all contracts with companies and subcontractors, equipment, vendors and material providers really takes a lot off the homeowner’s shoulders.
- Design build firms work with top professionals in every field. This can’t be said for all design-build firms, but with 30+ years in the business, Medford Remodeling works closely with experienced pros in various professions. Carpenters, stone masons, tile and glass installers, plumbers, electricians, flooring providers, painters and more. If you’re having work done on your home, wouldn’t you feel better knowing it’s being done by a vetted professional and not a random subcontractor hired by your GC?
- The Homeowners are involved in every step. The beauty of working with a design build firm is that you can be very much involved in the process without having to be solely responsible for managing it. Our process includes the project manager on your job sending you an email at the end of each work day, discussing what was completed, any issues that arose, how it was resolved, and what is on the schedule for the next day. This line of open communication provides the homeowners with peace of mind and a sense of involvement. Of course, the homeowners also take part in making design decisions throughout the project. We’ve found that such an involvement is inspiring and gives people a lasting sense of pride about their home.
- Design build firms make the most of your time. Design and construction involve managing multiple timelines that need to coordinate. Because we work closely with a team of professionals and vendors, we can realistically predict how long a project will take. A number of factors come into play here; such as the availability of our professionals, lead time on ordered items, demo and installation time, and of course, the allowance for unexpected setbacks. The ability to schedule everything in sync cuts down on wasted time and provides a cohesive timeline that you wouldn’t get with a general contractor alone.
Although these are only a few examples, it’s easy to see the various benefits of working with a design build firm instead of a general contractor. There are so many moving parts involved in a major home remodel, and having a team of professionals to manage the entire project makes for a smoother experience and a quality outcome!
If you have more questions about our design build process, or if you’re interested in remodeling your home, contact Medford Remodeling today!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Medford Remodeling Team