Did you know that choosing optimal flooring is one of the best ways to combat heat retention in your home? While carpet may be fitting for winter months, it can really trap heat and contribute to a higher energy bill throughout the summer time. Cooler options, such as tile or wood, can be covered with carpets or rugs during cold weather and then exposed once the temperatures rise. Not only does this method refresh the style of your home for spring and summer, but it also provides an easy way to keep the temperatures comfortable for you and your family all year long!
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices among homeowners today. Not only do hardwoods provide a classic, high-end look, they can also increase a home’s value. Still, there are a number of other reasons that go beyond these obvious benefits, making hardwood flooring a favored and practical preference.
Here are 6 unique benefits of choosing hardwoods over other types of flooring:
- When other types of flooring begin to look worn and tired, unlike vinyl and carpets, your hardwood flooring can be refinished instead of replaced.
- Wood flooring has no grout lines, embossing or fibers that can trap allergens, pet dander, pollen and dust, like carpets do. This means improved air quality for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
3. Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain. An occasional sweeping and mopping is all it needs.
- There are lots of combinations to choose from: wood species, stains, styles, colors, and finishes. No matter how particular your tastes are, you’re bound to find something you love.
- Hardwoods are enduring and can sustain heavy foot traffic.
- Hardwood flooring is an excellent long-term investment as it holds great resale value.
While it has a lot of benefits, there are a few aspects of hardwood flooring that could be considered unfavorable. Luckily, there are ways to overcome these disadvantages: