The decision to remodel can be a very exciting time for a homeowner, particularly if it is something that has been anticipated for several years. It’s easy to jump in and hire the first company you run across that seems professional. Unfortunately, there are a lot of so-called “professionals” out there that don’t operate with integrity or honesty in mind, despite making a great first impression. Trust us, we’ve seen enough home renovation nightmares to know that it’s not something to rush into blindly! It’s essential to take your time and really research a company before signing on the dotted line. The best advice we can give to a homeowner considering a remodel is to hire a company with a consistent reputation.
When it comes to deciding which remodeling projects to do on your home, knowing which ones add value can be a deciding factor. Here is a quick list of 10 of the best renovations for any home:
- Painting is one of the cheapest, easiest and most impactful ways to update your home’s interior. Repainting an entire room with a new color, or simply adding a colored accent wall will quickly make an old room feel brand new.
- Replacing old windows is another easy renovation that can add value to your home. New windows are more energy efficient and provide more light and security.
- Getting a new front door installed can make a huge impact on the curb appeal of your home. A modern, unique front door can create a memorable first impression for prospective buyers and guests.
- Speaking of curb appeal, exterior renovations are a great way to attract buyers and make your home stand out. This could include landscaping, exterior painting, or replacing fencing.
- Open floorplans are very popular and highly sought after by today’s homebuyers. Knocking down a wall or two can really make a home feel larger while providing the coveted open-concept layout.
- Attic conversions are becoming increasingly popular. Though the renovations may be expensive initially, the value of a finished attic bedroom can outweigh the costs.
- Home office additions can increase the value of a home by providing homebuyers with a place for work or study that is isolated from the rest of the house.
- Quite obviously, kitchen renovations are extremely valuable. An updated and open kitchen space is one of the top selling points for many homebuyers.
- Another selling point that interests most homebuyers is a renovated master bathroom. A remodeled master bathroom with updated amenities can add a lot of value to a home.
- Incorporating a new patio cover or sunroom is a great way to improve a home’s value and appeal. Being able to enjoy outdoor space is always an appreciated bonus a prospective buyers eyes.
Remodeling your home not only improves its style and functionality for your family to enjoy, but also increases its value for when you’re ready to sell. If you’ve been considering a remodeling project to enhance your home, we’d be more than happy help! Contact us today to get started adding to your home’s value!