It’s Time for Fall Home Prep!
Can you believe it’s already September!? This year has flown by, and cooler, wetter months are on the horizon! Many North Texans are undoubtedly ready for the change (especially the cooler weather!), but a change in season also means it’s time to prepare your home to endure the next several months.
Here’s a short list of fall “to-do’s” to get you started:
1. Clean out the gutters
2. Empty the fireplace and have the chimney cleaned
3. Reverse ceiling fans
4. Inspect the heating system
5. Caulk around windows and doors to prevent drafts
6. Disconnect garden hoses and drain faucets
7. Check downspouts and add extensions if necessary
8. Inspect the roof
9. Replace door and window screens with storm doors and windows
10. Check the water heater
Although winter weather might seem like a long way off, it will be here before you know it. Preparing your home ahead of time will be well worth it!