Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices among homeowners today. Not only do hardwoods provide a classic, high-end look, they can also increase a home’s value. Still, there are a number of other reasons that go beyond these obvious benefits, making hardwood flooring a favored and practical preference.
Here are 6 unique benefits of choosing hardwoods over other types of flooring:
- When other types of flooring begin to look worn and tired, unlike vinyl and carpets, your hardwood flooring can be refinished instead of replaced.
- Wood flooring has no grout lines, embossing or fibers that can trap allergens, pet dander, pollen and dust, like carpets do. This means improved air quality for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
3. Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain. An occasional sweeping and mopping is all it needs.
- There are lots of combinations to choose from: wood species, stains, styles, colors, and finishes. No matter how particular your tastes are, you’re bound to find something you love.
- Hardwoods are enduring and can sustain heavy foot traffic.
- Hardwood flooring is an excellent long-term investment as it holds great resale value.
While it has a lot of benefits, there are a few aspects of hardwood flooring that could be considered unfavorable. Luckily, there are ways to overcome these disadvantages: