Check out the windows we are installing on a current project. Along with the benefit of energy and noise reduction, they give a great fresh and open look! Simply changing the configuration and style really makes a difference.
Thinking about new windows?
- Talk to Charles at Nix Window and Door www.nixdoor.com.
They have a great showroom. He can show you all the options, and help you pick the right windows for your home.
- EPA baseline energy efficiency is fine in most cases. Anything else generally won’t make a big enough difference to warrant the cost.
- Be wary of “window salesmen with a great deal for you!” Great deals with window installations usually mean shortcuts and hidden charges. Stay with brand-name windows made by companies who have been in business for an extended period of time.
- Have us come out to provide design ideas and to give you the cost of your project.
Video Surveillance Systems
The recent advancements in technology have made video surveillance systems user-friendly and much more affordable than you would think. For most homes, a four-camera system can view all the entry points to your home and be installed for a surprisingly affordable cost. One of the neat features is to integrate it with your TV. If the doorbell rings or you hear a noise outside, one or two pushes of a button on your remote and you can see what’s going on outside your home. Another great feature is that you can view your home video surveillance from your smart phone, no matter where you are.
Thinking about a video surveillance system?
- Call Phil Stumbo with America Intellicom http://aisolutions.com/ and ask him to come to your home for a free estimate. He will educate you about how the systems work and what will be best for your situation. He can also show you how you can lock doors, change your thermostat setting and control other functions of your home from your smart phone. Cool stuff that works surprisingly easily and is affordable!
- Think twice about buying a prepackaged multi-camera system from a big box store like Home Depot or Costco. These systems are easy to install, and they work okay, but the parts are built inexpensively and have the reputation to be problematic after a year or so.
- Get a “video surveillance” sign to post in a conspicuous place. This is probably the best deterrent to keep the thieves away.
Have fun and be safe utilizing the amazing technology that is changing our lives every day,